I have played around with photography since my high school days. Even earlier than that I can remember being fascinated with the beautiful images I would see in books and magazine and I knew that I wanted to create those images. So when the time came to chose a field of study, Fine Arts just seems like the right fit. After college I spent several years as a graphic designer in an attempt to find a way to be creative and pay the bills at the same time. During this period, I realized how vital the perfect image is in order for an advertisement to successfully deliver it's message.
Through the years my passion for painting and drawing have waned, but photography always fascinates me. Maybe it's the instant gratification of seeing your perspective captured almost immediately on the digital display. For whatever reason, photography is the one art form that I consistently return to when I feel the need for self-expression. Luckily, I am married to a really talented photographer who is light-years beyond me. My husband has been patiently teaching me the "technical" side of photography that I have always avoided learning.
Now that I live in a small town in Japan, my employment opportunity are not so overwhelming, I have had the free time to explore photography in a way I never considered before. Photography has become an everyday thing. I find myself jotting down compositional ideas at all hours of the day.
I am in the middle of trying to break into miscrostock photography. So far, I have tried iStockPhoto, Shutterstock, and Dreamstime. iStockphoto and Shutterstock have both rejected my submissions, however Dreamstime did accept two of my seven photographs submitted. It appears that I have a LOT to learn about composition and technical requirements for microstock photography. But I am not discouraged - I will keep trying!
I have also tried to sell my photos on Etsy, but I don't think that my subject matter has really found its audience yet, so the jury is still out on the success of that venture.
So if you are trying to sell your photography, let me encourage you. Don't give up - even if you think you are the only person who "gets" your idea. I believe that eventually you will find that perfect buyer. Here is a link to a great success story that will keep you trying even when the rejections clutter your inbox.


Posting Komentar